Wakanda Accelerator Program
The Wakanda Food Accelerator Program is an entrepreneurial hub for food tech innovators driving disruptive solutions for the future of food ecosystems in South Africa. It is a grow and scale platform for foodpreneurs from production to distribution, looking to accelerate their businesses through curated services to boost operational models. Foodpreneurs will gain access to cutting edge food tech such as dark kitchens, and a bouquet of memberships benefits to unlock value.
It is a network of trailblazers connecting foodpreneurs to investors and exposure to “highly sought after’ procurement deals. Join the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and a community that is building food security and food future for all.
– To help support the local economy and create economic transformation
– To support the entrepreneur’s business as they grow and scale
– Business model validation and prototyping aiming at fundraising and go-to-market strategy
– To support the entrepreneur as they scale, go-to-market and provide them with operational functions support
– Hub center support, including membership access to a number of operational facilities
– Learn from cross cutting and multidisciplinary networks of corporate executives, successful entrepreneurs, private firms and investors
– Exposure to retailers, distributors and food ecosystem trailblazers
– Facilitating outtake partnerships/agreements in the food ecosystem
– To be part of a cohort of like minded entrepreneurs in the food ecosystem and build and retain these networks for life
– Work directly with valuable mentors
– To become an impact driven organisation
– Access to cutting edge food technology and curated platforms to ease access to market
– Training, masterclasses and workshops on fundamental business skills, such as commotion, sales, negotiation etc
– Entrance into the program is subject to a business case assessment; company valuation; Entrepreneur applicable test; and whether the business is strategically aligned to Wakanda’s vision.
– Qualifying businesses are over a year old and have generated over 500 thousand ZAR in revenue.
– Credible social media following on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc (5 – 10 thousand minimum).
– Revenue (40 – 100 thousand p/m ZAR).
– The product or service must have impact and address current and future demand in the following impact areas; Food Innovation, Sustainability, Food Safety & Food Policy, Food Waste Management, Food Distribution, Bio Technology.
– The candidate should be interested in addressing a large market pool and have a clear intention to grow their business as fast as possible and attract substantial investment.